Monday, November 13, 2006
Reason #72 why working at home is cool
7:00 am: Husband's alarm clock goes off since he needs to be at his internship by 8:00 am. He tries to snuggle and instead gets "Argh...snort...#$**!@......I'm sleeeeeepy....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz."

7:40 am: Husband comes to kiss me good bye, asks if I remembered to set my alarm, to which I respond, "Argh...snort...@#*&$.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzz." (I'm delightful in the morning.)

7:42 am: 150 lbs of Lab descends on the bed. Both start licking their butts. LOUDLY. I curse some more and put my pillow over my head.

8:18 am: My alarm goes off. Why did I ever think it was funny to program my cell alarm to play "Gold Digger"?! Hit snooze, quickly.

8:28 am: I hate you, Kanye! Turn alarm off, tell myself that I'm "totally awake." Dogs are now smushed on either side of me, like big, furry, blankets. Mmmmmm, maybe I'll just close my eyes for a few more minutes.

8:52: Woken up by neighbor's very loud Latin rap music, emitting from his stupid convertible Miata (just like EVERY OTHER morning). Shit, what time is it? Squirm out from under the dog that is laying across my shins. Stumble into the same comfy pants I've been wearing for 3 days in a row. Let dogs out. Make coffee.

9:02: I am sitting in front of my computer, with a steaming cup of coffee, answering emails, just like the rest of the working world (suckers).

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer